An accomplished keyboard player and vocalist, Kristy Jackson, a BMI
award winning songwriter and publisher, in attempting to
put into words her personal pain and pride in her country in the aftermath of
September 11, wrote a song that ended up touching the world when her song, “Little Did She Know (She’d Kissed A Hero)”
found its way to radio and became the #1 most requested song on the
largest radio stations in New York city (PLJ, BLI, WALK, WLTW, etc.) and other
major markets in the fall of 2001.
Sales of her single CD, sold exclusively over the Internet, were documented
in every state of the US as well as England, Sweden, Japan, South Bogota,
Taiwan, Ireland, Italy, Germany, South America, Puerto Rico, British West
Indies, Israel, Mexico, UK, Canada and it exploded in Australia.
Kristy donated all of her songwriting royalties as a result of
airplay and half the net proceeds and has raised over $30,000 for 9/11
charities to date. The limited edition CD is available
exclusively at her website:
She has spent the following 9 years performing the song gratis at numerous events in the
New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania areas honoring the victims, victims'
families and those most personally affected by 9/11 and has been recognized
by both the New Jersey and Pennsylvania State Legislatures for the healing
effects of her song, "Little Did She Know" and done interviews with numerous
radio personalities including Delilah, John Tesh, and Scott Shannon/WPLJ, NY.
“Best Seat In The House”, her 5th self produced full length CD with 11 new songs has recently
been released as well as a digital EP, "Skinny White Girls."
She is offering one her most poignant songs, "One Way To Love" as a
free download at www.kristyjackson.com/?d=content&p=oneway It was recently
endorsed by Guideposts as they included it on their most recent newsletter.
Past Appearances Have Included:
- New York, NY
- W. Palm Beach, FL
- Nashville, TN
- Detroit, MI
- Roswell, GA
- Greensboro, NC
- Continental Airlines Arena/Meadowlands Sports Complex – E. Rutherford, NJ
- Giant Stadium/MSC – NYPD vs NYFD Fun City Bowl Game, E. Rutherford, NJ
- Jacob Javits Center – Give Your Voice Family of 9/11 Victims Memorial – NY,
NY – June
- 4th Of July Celebration – E. Rutherford, NJ, - July
- CBS Early Morning Show, New York, NY
- Hearts Of Steel PC – Invited by PA State Senator Jane Orie – Philadelphia
- Nationally Syndicated TV Series – “Life Moments” –
- Sept. 11 Anniversary Remembrance – WBLI – Long Island, NY –
- Sept. 21 - Benefit for Tomorrow Children's Fund - Garden City, NY
- EMT Annual Conference – New Jersey –
- Hearts Of Steel Presentation - - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Inside Edition
- Xtra Entertainment
- St. Cloud Street Festival – St. Cloud, FL
- Nassau Coliseum – Winter Jam WBLI – Long Island, NY
Past Credits Include:
- "Little Did She Know" - wrote and published single recorded by
Grammy winning artist and music icon, Patti Page.
- “Take It Back” – wrote and published MCA’s Reba McEntire’s first
single off the triple platinum selling “It’s Your Call” CD. It also appears on
the recently released Reba McEntire's Greatest Hits 3.
- Member of BMI's Millionaire Club with "Take It Back" logging over
2,000,000 performances to date.
- “Kick Down The Door” – co-wrote/co-published Giant Record’s Georgia
- “Beige” – co-wrote/co-published Nashville Songwriter’s Guild
Songmania Song of the Year 2000
- “Paper Doll” – co-wrote, co-published the single and co-produced
the rock side of Gail Swanson’s double CD, “Living In A Movie” and won the
2002 HOKU Rock Album of the Year (equivalent to a Hawaiian Grammy)
- “Blue Shades” – nominated for Just Plain Folks Blues Album of the
Fever Pitch Music
PO Box 4454
Greensboro, NC, 27404-4454
For additional info:
Please email Pam Conrad:
Email Kristy: email@example.com
Official Little Did She Know Website